- Existing home sales are currently at an annual pace of 5.22 million, which is up 1.4% over last month. This reverses the six-month trend of dips in sales every month.
- The inventory of existing homes is still below the 6-month supply needed for a normal market and is now at a 4.3-month supply.
- NAR’s Chief Economist, Lawrence Yun, had this to say: “After six consecutive months of decline, buyers are finally stepping back into the housing market. As more inventory enters the market and we head into the winter season, home price growth has begun to slow more meaningfully. This allows for much more manageable, less frenzied buying conditions.”
The following two tabs change content below.
Hilary Blaha is a real estate professional with Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc and serves the Acton, Agua Dulce and the Santa Clarita area, including; Newhall, Saugus, Canyon Country, Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Westridge, Castaic, Val Verde.
Latest posts by Hilary Blaha (see all)
- What If I Wait A Year to Buy a Home? - December 10, 2018
- The Tale of Two Markets [INFOGRAPHIC] - December 7, 2018
- 2008 vs. Now: Are Owners Using Their Homes as ATMs Again? - December 6, 2018